Saturday, June 13, 2009

Me a momma!!

Long time since I've written and it feels odd knowing my words will once again be read by other people. But it's a good thing. The reason that has me actually starting up blogging again is that I have recently acquired four baby raccoons to raise once again. I believe I started my blogging journey talking about Gaben and Maple- the first two coons I raised last summer. Well I had no plans of being able to do that again, even though I so loved the experience and wanted to do it again, but found myself at Linda Nebbe's house last wednesday with an offer to take four coons back to Des Moines with me. I called John first before really deciding since we are staying at simpson college and I didn't know if it would work out- he said yes and volia they are here! it's been quite an adventure and lots of hard work so far (only three full days) but it has definitely been worth it. They just opened their eyes about a week ago and their ears opened a few days before that. They are fully aware of John and I as their new parents and I am ever thankful for John's help- I really couldn't do it without him. It is feeding time in 15 mins so I've got to go get their milk ready, but will write more about them asap!

1 comment:

Mom said...

What a pleasant surprise to see an update this afternoon!
Will the babies get to g'pa's and g'ma's at all?? :)

All girls huh,.... drama city? hehe

Keep the blogs coming!
Luv ya,
Mom